We're going to thank OnRamp, Chad Kissinger, Larry Chancy, Don West for hosting the Sparc 10 at 22.214.171.124. Perhaps we can discus Bind or DNS in Linux. Lindsay suggests that we upgrade to openssh 2 on linux.cactus.org.
We'll also determine what to do with the Network Appliciance F210 fileserver. It's too big to expect an ISP to host it for us. It has been suggested that we farm it out to members who might want to take it home and learn how to configure it. So if you're interested in learning about NetApps, show up.
The usual suspects attended despite the paucity of program. We continued the discussion about server friendly ISPs from the previous month. A couple of folks asked about the Sparc 10 [see above]. Plenty of pizza and coke.
To renew your membership, please send check or money order payable to CACTUS ($25/yr for regular membership and $96/yr for corporate sponsorship):
CACTUS PO BOX 9786 AUSTIN, TX 78766-9786You can also pay in person at the general meetings. Please direct any inquiries or address changes to membership [at] cactus <dot> org.
Applied Research Laboratories/University of Texas at Austin www.arlut.utexas.edu
- (Gil Kloepfer, Computer Science Division (CSD), 835-3771, gil [at] arlut <dot> utexas <dot> edu)
- Internet service provider.
- Internet service provider.
Auspex Systems www.auspex.com
- (Paul Levine, plevine [at] auspex <dot> com
- Fastest reliable network fileservers.
Flametree Corporation www.flametree.com
- (David Maynard, 670-4090, dpm [at] flametree <dot> com)
- Internet and software consulting.
- (Chip Rosenthal)
Multi Media Arts (MMA)
- (Lee Williams, 451-7191)
- Publisher of instructional materials for classroom and independent study.
Applied Formal Methods, Inc.
- (Susan Gerhart, 794-9732, gerhart [at] cactus <dot> org)
Austin Code Works
- (Scott Guthery, 258-0785, info [at] acw <dot> com)
CASDNS, Inc. www.casdns.net
- (Warren Brown, (800) 977-3475), wlb [at] cas-com <dot> net)
- A top-level domain name registrar, CORE member.
- (Maurine Mecer, 502-0190 [FAX 502-0287])
- Professional recruiting.
EDP Contract Services
- (Mark Grabenhorst, 346-1040) Professional recruiting.
Hewlett Packard www.hp.com
- (Bill Sumrall, 338-7221)
- (Marilyn Harper)
- Houston's Unix Users Group.
Network Appliance Corporation www.netapp.com
- (Frank Mozina, fmozina [at] netapp <dot> com)
O'Keefe Search www.okeefesearch.com
- Professional recuiting.(John OKeefe, john [at] okeefesearch <dot> com, 512-658-9224 or 888-446-2137)
Sailaway System Design
- (Chris J Johnson, 447-5243)
- (Kathy O'Brien, obrien [at] asc <dot> slb <dot> com)
- Technical services and products in over 100 countries.
Silicon Graphics www.sgi.com
- (Don Williams, 346-9342)
- (Pete Farrell, 442-2222)
Sterling Infomation Group www.sterinfo.com
- (Darrell Hanshaw, 344-1005, dhanshaw [at] sterinfo <dot> com)
Sun Microsystems www.sun.com
- (Rick Taylor)
- Supplier of Unix client-server computing solutions.
Texas Internet Consulting www.tic.com
- (Smoot Carl-Mitchell, 451-6176, smoot [at] tic <dot> com)
- TCP/IP networking, Unix, and open systems standards.
- A Sun Authorized Training Center and a Hardware Reseller.
- (Shelley St. John, 478-0611)
- Supplier of networked systems management solutions.
UT Computer Science Department
- (Patti Spencer)
UT Computation Center
- (Mike Cerda, 471-3241, cerda [at] uts <dot> cc <dot> utexas <dot> edu)
Please do not show up earlier than 6:20 pm on the specified day. Enter through the main entrance at 10000 Burnet Road for ARL:UT. Tell the guard that you are here for the CACTUS meeting. You will be required to sign a log book, but not required to wear a badge. The guards will direct you to the auditorium entrance. Limited parking in the front of the building is available, but more extensive parking is available in the large parking lot just north of the ARL building. After 6:30 pm, all entrances to JJ PRC, except for the Burnet Road entrance, are closed and locked. You can still enter the parking lot in front of the ARL building. No parking tags are necessary after 6:00 pm. See map for further details.
Online maps are available at:
| | ^ <---- to MOPAC | | | | | | North | | | to Braker Lane ---------------+ | -+ /-----------+ | | | | | | +--------+ | | | Parking | | | | Lot | | | +----------+ | | | | +------------+ | | | | +-------+ | | | | +---+ | | | | | | | Rutland | ARL | | | | +--------- | | | | | +--------- | | | +---+ | | | +---+---+ | +------------+ | | | | | | South | | | to US 183 | | v